Pinterest pins are 100 times more spreadable than a tweet, with the retweet average hitting only 1.4%. And, as for Facebook, the half-life of a pin is 1,6000 times longer than a Facebook post. Since the recent Instagram purchase by Facebook, Pinterest has become the hot ticket item for business marketing. Pinterest can be used in multiple numbers of ways depending upon different kinds of businesses and we’ll discuss a simple manner to increase your pin impressions, boost your board followers and even generate more conversions through your Pinterest especially Rich Pins.
Getting started on Pinterest:
Making a business account
If you don’t have an account or have a personal account, you need to convert it into Pinterest Business account.
- Pins: Pins are the images saved to Pinterest associated with a link.
- Boards: Boards are the collection of pins based on different categories relevant to your industry.
- Pinterest Analytics: Once you have access to a Pinterest business account, you can have access to important tracking information.
Types of Pins
- Repins: When someone saves your pins to their own board.
- Rich Pins: Rich Pins allow you to add information from your website.
- Buyable Pins: Allows users to buy your products from within Pinterest.
- Promoted Pins: Pins you can purchase to promote your content.
There is an option to put a showcase board on your profile. You can put up to 6 boards and they will be on the top of your profile in form of a slider. We’d suggest you to put your top boards on the showcase.
Making your Pin a success:
Choosing the right image:
- Images with size 735p X 1102p are most effective.
- Simple Design
- Red/Orange/Warm Colors are more repinned on Pinterest
- Text overlays
- Long images are better
Text on a Pin:
- Longer description <300 characters>
- Always link back to your website
- Strong call-to-action.
- Use keywords in headline/description.
- Keep your headline short, precise & accurate.
Power of Rich Pins:
Rich pins have been proven to be a blessing for any e-commerce business out there looking to generate sales through social media. Why? Here is why! Rich Pins allow you to showcase your product on Pinterest just like you showcase it on your website. Rich Pins are applied for the complete website and once validated, you can just put the product link in the website link option and it will automatically show up on your respective product Pin.
How to use Rich Pins?
- Here is a guide to how to enable Rich Pins on your Shopify Website.
- Go to Rich Pin Validator Page
- Scroll down and check the space for your product URL.
- Copy the URL of your product page.
- Paste it in the validator and add .oembed.
- Click Apply.
- Make sure to choose Shopify when applying.
- It might take up to 24 hours for Rich Pins to be validated for your website.
- For other website platforms, refer to Pinterest Developer’s Page
What else do we suggest?
Use IFTTT tool to integrate your various social platforms. Again, how do we do that?
Go to IFTTT > Make an account > Search for Pinterest > Select whichever applet suits your needs and integrate it accordingly.
It’s an easy and really effective platform and saves you both time and efforts. Experience told us that people might have a problem when they can’t find a way to use the same applet for multiple tasks. So, here we suggest you go to New Applet and create a new applet for every different task.
At the end, Pinterest can be an effective platform to not only get impressions, saves or repins but also to get conversion using Rich Pins. As much as you need to work on your own Pins, you should engage with other people, repin their posts, leave elegant comments and follow more and more boards to learn and evolve together as a community.
Co-Founder of Prime Seller Hub.